Facebook has always been a smart marketing platforms for marketers. Over the last period, it has become a lead generation Machine, with improved ad units and new ad targeting products designed specifically for more direct response.
These new launched features include better audience targeting and ad types that, when applied to your business goals and outcomes, can bring estimated ROI. The prime challenge, of course, is to understand which ad types will work for you and how to target the most appropriate audience for those ads. Here are 3 tips that will help you to win new leads.
- Comprehend Segmented Audiences and Target Accordingly
As every digital marketer knows, targeting ads based on real people leads to higher results. Facebook allows you to do this flawlessly to ensure your advertising gets in front of the people you have thought most likely to buy.
The best practice is to choose your audience for each specific campaign and segment how you target each group based around reach, remarketing and acquiring.
- Primary Audiences: Segment and reach user based on interests, demographics, location and behaviours they have shared on their profiles.
- Custom Audiences: Remarket to current customers based on the data you have collected off Facebook — e.g., an action taken on your website, CRM data, those who have watched your video on Facebook.
- Lookalike Audiences: Acquire new customers who look like your audiences by identifying similar characteristics to your existing customers, prospects or fans of your page. This can be a great audience to leverage based around loyalty.
- Tailor Your Ad Type for the Finest Delivery
Here are the 3 ad types that we have seen giving the best results.
- FB Carousel Ads: Carousel ads are delivering strong results. Facebook improved the performance of this type of ad unit so that advertisers can now prioritise which image is shown first based on performance and engagement. That may look like a small thing, but in the world of direct response, small changes often have a big impact.
- FB Lead Ads: Facebook’s lead Gen ads offer a simple way for users to fill out forms on their mobile devices. Facebook LeadGen ads takes user to a form within Facebook that’s pre-populated with the contact information associated with their account. Conversions from these ad types are effective and cost-efficient for many companies looking for lead generation.
- FB Dynamic Product Ads: Dynamic product ads can help keep your business at the forefront of user’s minds and generate sales from people already interested in your products. You can use dynamic product ads to take advantages of Facebook ‘s native targeting and multi-product ad formats across devices. It allows for cross-sell and upsell functionalities based on product type. You can also set separate bids and budgets by product set and category, allowing you to maximize ROI and profit margins.
- Manage Your Metrics
Facebook ads offers a variety of bidding options per objective, so that your ads are being delivered to the right audience — at a cost you can afford.
But don’t forget to test the five Call to action buttons: Shop Now, Learn More, Sign Up, Book Now or Download. Doing so will allow you to discover which converts your prospects to take action so you can tailor your CTA to the best-performing action button.
With the updated CPC, only clicks to your websites and apps (i.e., offsite link clicks) have costs associated with them, so you are not left paying for irrelevant things like Likes, Shares or Comments.
It’s also now easier to measure the conversions that are working. But don’t stop there. Identifying where the conversions are happening is key, too. If you see that more conversions occur on desktop versus mobile, then increase spend on desktop, eliminating budget spent on valueless clicks that don’t actually lead to an opportunity to convert.
Users behave and convert differently on their mobile devices. Optimizing for mobile is key to spending less on the CPA and driving revenue from Facebook mobile ads. We suggest running mobile-specific ad sets to allow increased ad and bid optimization for mobile devices.
If you’re a social media strategist, the new and improved Facebook is your best advertising friend. Get to know her better day by day. Facebook’s ability to focus targeting, combined with new ad products & format and continuous updates, help generate leads & response and can help advertisers to get a sensible return on their advertising spends — so go after it!